Blackheads are dark bumps that appear on the skin as a result of clogged hair follicles. They form when dead skin cells and excess sebum oxidize to create blackheads. Medical practitioners refer to them as the first phase or a mild type of acne. Most people rid of blackheads by scrubbing their face excessively in the belief that blackheads form as result of dirt. Such practices dry out the skin and lead to the creation of more oil thus more blackheads. Both medical practitioners and beauty experts recommend myriads of ways to get rid of blackheads; here are five natural remedies:
1. Applying an egg white mask
It is the easiest natural remedy that can cure blackheads. Egg white has a deep cleansing effect that tightens the pores on the face temporarily and reduces the chances of developing blackheads in future. Egg whites are also rich in proteins that absorb excess oil without drying out the skin.
· Beat an egg in a bowl and separate the yolk from the egg white.
· Wash and dry your face.
· Apply the egg white to the skin using a facial tissue and allow it to dry for fifteen minutes (you may use 2-3 layers). The face tightens.
· Rinse off the mask with cold water.
· Pat dry using a soft washcloth and moisturize to keep the skin soft.
2. Using cinnamon and honey scrub
A mixture of cinnamon and honey make the best facial scrub to get rid of blackheads. Cinnamon enhances blood circulation while honey has anti-bacterial and adhesive properties that remove particles that clog the skin pores.
· Take a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a teaspoon of raw honey and mix till you obtain enough paste to treat the affected areas.
· Apply a thin layer on the blackheads and press a strip of cotton on the area.
· Leave it for five minutes. Remove and rinse your face. Follow it up with a moisturizer. For excellent results repeat the procedure for a week.
3. A mixture of baking soda and water
Baking soda has fine granules that make a naturally inexpensive way of clearing clogged pores. However, the method should be used in moderation to prevent the skin from drying out.
· Add water to baking soda to form a thick paste.
· Massage the paste into the skin in a circular motion and leave it for 2-3 minutes.
· Rinse it off with cold water.
4. Green tea solution
Green tea has anti-oxidizing properties that reduce oils on the skin and eliminate skin irritation. The remedy is also ideal for people with severe acne problems.
· Fill a saucepan with a cup of water and bring it to boil.
· Place two green tea bags in the water and stir.
· Take the green tea mixture and put it in a cooler for an hour.
· Take a cotton ball and apply the cold green tea on the pores. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off.
· Wash your face with cold water, pat dry using a soft cloth and apply a moisturizer. Green tea is also great solution for hemorrhoids
5. The regular water blackhead treatment
While great deals of natural remedies rid of blackheads, they have to be used in moderation to prevent the skin from drying out. Folks looking for a daily remedy may use the regular water blackhead treatment. It involves a daily rinse with water 1-2 times a day to rid of excess sebum and dead cells while keeping the skin pores clear.
· Wash your face with clean water.
· Pat dry with a soft cloth (towel).
· Apply a light moisturizer.